Unfortunately, dietary supplements are skyrocketing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, the outbreak of pandemic has been lasting for a couple of months and the virus is rotating its when and spreading its wings all around the world’s planet. Also, as the days are passing over and we are learning more about how the virus is behaving. In this menace, we need to boost our immune system to better protect ourselves. From a medicinal perspective, we have been focusing on nutrients and herbs that have been studied well and are essential. However, I have also been writing lucidly to help people for using the best supplements during coronavirus.
While the purpose of this blog is to share the snippet about the supplements usage and to reflect a new piece of information on you. Thus, read it carefully and also take care of the dosage amount because excessive or overdose might be toxic for your health.
Presently, a lot of minerals and vitamins can impact overall immunity. Yet, no single one can solely influence the immune system. But, frequent supplement purchasing and taking too many capsules might do harm than good. Like zinc nasal sprays might cause permanent loss of smell. On the other hand, megadoses of supplements might be harmful to your health. It’s better to take a suitable amount of supplements. Here are some examples of supplements that can boost your immune system.
Hence, these are live bacteria and yeast that support your immune system. Along with, also modify intestinal flora in your gut. For example:
- Bifidobacterium- found in dairy products and ease symptoms of IBS.
- Lactobacillus: Found in fermented food and help with diarrhea and lactose intolerance.
As well as, it is a bioflavonoid found in red wine, grapefruits, onion, apples, black tea beans, and leafy green vegetables. So, they are said to prevent neurological diseases and prevent infection. Moreover, reduce the risk of heart disease, boost the immune system against pathogens and viruses, and lower blood pressure.
Eucalyptus essential oil:
Consequently, it kills many birds with one stone. Therefore, it is used to silence coughs and clear your chest. Further, it disinfects wounds, repels bugs, and even control blood sugar.
Peppermint essential oil:
Moreover, this essential oil is extracted from peppermint herb. It is frequently used in Chinese and Japanese folk medicines. It relieves muscle spasms, disinfects inflamed skin. Also, eliminates harmful bacteria and release muscle tension.
Supplements to take with the proper dose prescribed
- Vitamin D: 5000 IU daily in the absence of serum levels from a blood test.
- Vitamin A: up to 10,000 – 25,000 IU/day
- Vitamin C: 1-3 grams daily
- Elderberry: 500 mg daily (of USP standard of 17% anthocyanosides)
- Beta-Glucans: 250 – 500 mg daily
- Mushrooms: Shiitake, Lion’s mane, Maitake, Reishi. The dose depends on preparation
- N-Acetylcysteine (NAC): 600 – 900 mg twice/day
- Zinc: 30 – 60 mg daily in divided doses
- Licorice root: 200-400 mg/day in divided doses, standardized to glycyrrhizin. Short term use <4 weeks.
- Also Vitamin C
REDUCE CYTOKINE STORM (NLRP3 Inflammasome)
- Resveratrol: 100 – 150 mg daily
- Melatonin: 5-20 mg daily
- PEA: Palmitoylethanolamide: 300 mg twice/day for prevention. 600 mg 3 x daily for 2 weeks to treat the infection.
ANTIVIRAL PLUS REDUCE CYTOKINE STORM
- Curcumin: 500 – 100 mg twice/day. Choose absorption enhanced.
- EGCG: 4 cups daily or 225 mg daily
- Chinese Skullcap: 750-1500 mg/day. Standardized to flavonoids baicalin or baicalein.
- Quercitin: 1 gram twice/day.
- Phytosome: 500 mg twice/day
Be alert while having supplements
- We suggest choosing supplements from each category so that you have the broadest support possible.
- You don’t need to take ALL of the recommended vitamins and herbs. Take them according to need and demand. Overdose might be harmful.
- As a core program, make sure to take Vitamin D, C, and Zinc.
- Next, the most common that we recommend are Vitamin A, Curcumin, and Mushrooms (or Beta Glucan).
- After that, you can choose additional supplements from the list above as desired or needed.
Things to do for risk reduction
Good gut health:
- Firstly, it refers to a large number of bacteria.
- Secondly, you should have to take a probiotic every day.
Balanced stress hormones:
- Also, get proper sound sleep at night.
- Importantly, do not create a burden on your shoulders especially during flu season.
- Because stress reduces your immunity to fight against germs and bacteria.
Eat healthy foods suitable for your immune system:
- Avoid processed, unsealed, and fast food.
- Always focus on eating more and more vegetables and fruits.
- Take diet enriched with nutritional content, vitamins, and anti-oxidants.
- Bolster your immune system by eating a lot of cruciferous vegetables, which boost the detox system in your liver.